Faith Filled Environment
The Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Syracuse carry out the mission of Jesus Christ in proclaiming the Gospel and forming students in a faith that is “living, conscious, and active” in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. As part of the Diocese, the Catholic Schools of Broome County embrace this mission and are also committed “to fostering academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment.”
A distinctly faith-filled atmosphere permeates the environment of each of our schools. Prayer opens and closes each school day. The values of our Catholic faith are integrated into the curriculum in addition to religion class, school Masses, and other liturgical celebrations. Our vision as a school system is to provide an atmosphere in which high academic expectations, spirituality, and a strong sense of Catholic identity enhance the education of the whole person.
Students in Catholic School practice their faith through real acts to make their community a better place to live. Students donate almost 35,000 man-hours annually to service projects. Such projects include collecting food donations, participating in charity walk-run programs, visiting nursing homes and collecting holiday gifts for children in-need who otherwise would go without. Charities benefiting from these donations include the American Red Cross and American Cancer Society.
Our schools are committed to providing a Catholic education that incorporates God into everyday experience. This daily experience includes:
• Developing an atmosphere of safety and mutual respect.
• Providing challenging academics that exceed standards set by New York State.
• Creating an atmosphere of spirituality and a sense of family.
• Developing a sense of responsibility that enables students to be successful in life.
• Creating a welcoming atmosphere for all, including other religious traditions.
• Living the ideals of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in valuing every human person.