Video About BCCS » Academics
The Catholic Schools of Broome County provide students with academic excellence in a Catholic faith filled environment. Under the guidance of a dedicated teaching and administrative staff, our students gain an exceptional liberal arts education while consistently achieving above-average test scores.
- Our elementary and middle school students exceed public school state averages in Math and English assessments.
- Seton Catholic Central High School consistently produces National Merit Scholastic Achievement Award winners each year.
- 99% of Catholic School of Broome County graduates attend college.
- Seton Catholic Central High School offers 13 Advanced Placement (AP) Courses. AP Courses give students the opportunity to demonstrate subject mastery by taking Advanced Placement examinations. AP students often receive college credit and advance placement in college admissions.
- Last year graduates of the Catholic Schools of Broome County received $1.2 Million in college scholarships.
- Catholic Schools of Broome County have a less than 1% drop out rate.
- Catholic Schools of Broome County employs 83 teachers, 53 who hold a Master’s Degree and 3 who have their Doctorate.
- We teach Spanish in grades K through 12. Latin and French are taught in grades 9-12.
- Beginning in Kindergarten we teach computer applications and provide each student
- with access to state-of-the-art technology.
- Inter-diocesan Curriculum standards exceed those set by New York State.
- We provide academic support for elementary and middle school students who fail to make adequate academic progress.